God rest ye merry gentlemen


Helloooooo. It has been quite some time and I'm awake early on Boxing Day morning, trying to kill some time. A lot has happened this month and so I'm just going to talk about me for a while. On the 12th December, Running Home released our first EP. We had a launch at Narara Valley Baptist Church with a few other cool bands. It went really well and we have sold heaps more than we expected (people must be low on Drink coasters this year). Another thing that has been happening is I have been planning a trip to India. I am travelling over there in the second half of January with my Father-in-law for two weeks. It should be an awesome time but it comes off the back of being away on mission the week before so my guess is that I'll be pretty worn out.
Our church held a carols service, a christmas eve service and two christmas day services this year. They all went pretty well. I noticed at the christmas eve service there were a large amount of people who hadn't been to our church before. I spoke to one lady who hadn't been to church since last christmas eve. It was exciting to see so many people hear the gospel. I got a new Bible for Christmas, as well as Randy Newman's book 'Questioning Evangelism'. I've only read the first chapter so far but it is really good. My beautiful wife gave me lots of presents designed to make me trendy. My grandmother gave me a documentary on World War one and it's really good. My brother got me some Tasmanian ale. All in all a pretty successful Chrissie. I'm feeling like starting a good discussion. What was the most dangerous present you recieved this year???? Mine was probably magnetised hangman. the little bits could choke you.

Posted byDan at 7:35 AM  

3 comments:

Anonymous said... 11:33 AM  

gday mate good to read a post from you.. hmm most dangerous present? a leg rope for my surf board it could also choke you or you may use it to hang from the rafters, but i was very excited as i got a new bible too and
this sick computer program that is a bible reference thing it has 8 translations on there, 115 books/ commentaries and heaps of otha resources the guy said its 1200 bucks worth of books on the disk( the disk wasnt that much though!) and would fill the average book case, so im kinda excited to install it anyway that was my chrissy catch ya mate.

Anonymous said... 12:28 PM  

I don't know about a dangerous present but every year 4 the last 3 or 4 years my parents have gotten me Dr Karl's latest book. This year was no exception. Without fail I now have 'It Ain't Necessarily So...bro'.

Dan said... 4:47 PM  

A book can be dangerous. Knowledge is power.

Post a Comment