Stephen Lungu and a great encouragement

Psalm 113 says "Praise the Lord. Praise O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD. Let the name of the LORD be praised, both now and forevermore. From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised."

At school today we had Stephen Lungu give devotions on this passage. He was a great encouragement to me in the way I go about my life... "always praise the Lord." Often on a Sunday night or a Friday night when we are meeting together, the temptation is for musos to get caught up in the set and how the different arrangements will work, and all the mechanics and forget the very reason why we serve. We serve to praise the Lord. And we don't just praise him when we meet together, we praise him in all things every day.

Posted byDan at 10:43 AM  

1 comments:

Dan said... 7:50 AM  

Yeah. He had only ever been a sermon illustration to me till yesterday. I met him. He was very encouraging. He has a book called 'Out of the Black Shadows' or something. I might go buy it.

Post a Comment